NileStar Oriental troupe
The NileStar Oriental performance troupe has a bellydance repertoire inspired by the dances of Egypt and beyond. Our shows are always a fun, vibrant and uplifting experience for audiences.
Dancing with the troupe is an opportunity for students to present work at a professional level. Participation in troupe performances is optional and decided on an opt-in basis.
The NileStar Oriental regularly performs at festivals, charity events and haflas around Sydney. Members of the troupe may also be invited to perform at private functions.
- Sydney Middle Eastern Dance Festival, Hurlstone Park, 3 May 2015
- Parramasala Parade, Parramatta, 17 October 2014
- Belly Dance Expo, Hurlstone Park, 17 August 2014
- Eurofest, Ararat Reserve, Frenchs Forest, 13 September 2014
- Rotary Spring Fair, Forestville, 30 August 2014
- Mass Bollywood dance, Parramasala Parade, Parramatta, 4 October, 2013
- Le Carnivale Bellydance Extravaganza, Balgowlah RSL, Seaforth, 21 September 2013
- Eurofest, Ararat Reserve, Frenchs Forest, 14 September 2013
- Cheekni Chameli Nite, Bowmans Hall, Blacktown, 1 June 2013
- Mind Body Spirit Festival, Sydney Convention Centre, Darling Harbour, 19 May 2013
- An Oriental Night to Remember, Grand Royale, Granville, 16 November 2012
For more about joining the NileStar Oriental troupe see the information about open classes.
Contact us for information about NileStar Oriental troupe bookings.
Fifi Renoux professional bellydancer
Fifi is an accomplished soloist who is much sought after around Sydney. Her shows are fun, unique and spontaneous. She has an elegant, charismatic style that makes her an instant hit with audiences.
For weddings, birthday parties and other family events, Fifi’s Oriental dance shows incorporate classic tunes with either Lebanese or Egyptian songs. Props like Isis Wings, sagat (finger cymbals) and sword may also be used.
Specialised Middle Eastern dances
Depending on the occasion Fifi performs Saidi (cane dance), Khaleeji, Turkish Romany, Tarab, Baladi and Shaabi. She also has a particular interest in the Reda style of dance from Egypt.
A mixture of bellydance and Bollywood dance makes a perfect, high-energy combination. Fifi has worked with master choreographer Prafulla Parida to incorporate elements of hip hop and Bollywood into her shows which can be performed in Oriental or Bollywood style costume.
In addition to the NileStar Oriental repertoire, Fifi regularly collaborates with Terezka Drnzik’s Studio Danse Orientale as a guest teacher and choreographer. Projects include co-choreography of the Pyramidstique troupe performance to support Dina of Cairo in 2010. She has also created Baladi and Shaabi pieces for Studio Danse Orientale which have been performed at the Haldon Street Festival (Lakemba), Lebanon Carnival (Darling Harbour), and the Egyptian National Day celebrations (Darling Harbour).
Learn more about Fifi.
Contact us for availability and bookings.